Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stitching Away on Gathering Honey

Snow days make for great stitching time...not to mention chocolate cupcake baking. :)

I have had long breaks of not stitching on "Gathering Honey", and I'm just ready to knock it out. It has been a WIP for five years! While it is a large design with many color changes, half- and quarter-stitches, it would not have taken more than six months if  worked on diligently. Since I didn't put a time line on it or schedule specific times to cross stitch it, well...let's just say life got in the way...a lot. 
Above is the progress as of yesterday. It will need to be cleaned and pressed (pardon the wrinkles), but it's come a long way. The left side still needs to be back-stitched on the frame, bees and flowers in the top left corner. I think there is one more bee to be stitched just under those flowers, too. I'm so glad to be on the home stretch!

5 comments:

Tiff said...

Yay!! Great job! I want this someday.. :) its beautiful!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I have this chart and you have always inspired me with your updates on it. It is just GORGEOUS!

cross stitch kits said...

very beautiful, it looks challenging with all the different stitches, I would also take forever to finish it ;-)

Johanna said...

Wow, that is really pretty and intricately done. Love it!

Devin in Texas said...

I have literally looked for this specific chart for years! I actually have half of it. Each lead I follow goes to unavailable☹️Any chance you sell me your chart when you’re don? My email is devinvh@ yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...