Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

We love Christmas!

Our family had a good Christmas this year. I prepared dinner on Christmas Eve and we ate so much that almost no one ate the desserts!
We opened gifts and played Uno (the card game). Later that night, we watched National Treasure 1 on dvd, before seeing the NT2 on Christmas day. We really enjoyed the movie and I recommend it as a family movie.

Here's a photo of our tree. I couldn't get the lighting right, but it's must prettier in real life.
Oh well.

We have a very eclectic collection of ornaments; everything from handmade to very fragile figurines. Some are pretty, while others are just plain odd. One in particular is a "pigpen". It's a ballpoint pen with a tiny pink pig on the side of it! All I know is my DH has had it since before we were married. I won't bore you with a photo of that one.

Every year I have bought each child an ornament. When DD/26 was married last year, she was given her ornaments for her tree. Now, we have our ornaments, plus 2 sons' ornaments on the tree. Here's one of two jesters I gave DS/21 a couple of years ago. The face is very detailed and the fabrics are velvets. Another ornament that my aunt gave me this year is 3 snowmen holding an American flag.Here's the first nutcracker DS/10 got for Christmas. He loves nutcrackers, just like his older brother.

Every one of my children has enjoyed making the cloved oranges. They make the whole kitchen smell great!

I didn't put out my Dicken's Village this year. There wasn't enough time. I miss it not being out. Maybe next year!

DS/21 (the soldier), will be home for a visit tomorrow!!! WooHoo!! It has been 10 1/2 months since he's been home.

I have enjoyed reading and seeing all the Christmas decorations, crafts, sewing, and ideas on your blogs. What a treat it has been this season to have so many blogging friends that are creative!

Here are some of my favorites for you to check out:

RuthAnn at Warm Pie, Happy Home
Hillary at Wee Wonderfuls
Andrea at The Craft Room
Katrina at A Kiwi Stitching

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...