Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stitching Update for Gathering Honey & A Crazy Story

Finally, a stitching update. I haven't worked on my WIP, Gathering Honey, in a while. However, I have stitched some more areas since I last updated with a photo. I hope to work on it more consistently until it's complete. I really have enjoyed this design so far. It has so many colors and is very detailed. If you notice the top left corner, it hasn't been backstitched yet. The lower right corner is complete and the backstitching really brings it to life. Trish, of Just Another Stitch in Paradise, is stitching the companion piece to this design, Rose Garden. Gathering Honey and Rose Garden are both OOP designs from the magazine formerly known as Cross Stitch & Country Crafts (now Cross Stitch & Needlework).

I just have to share something we saw today while driving on a very busy, 6-lane parkway (not counting the turning lanes). My DH was driving along and we happened to look to the car beside us: a sleek, silver convertible BMW. The speed limit is 50 mph on this particular road. Keep that in mind. The driver has one hand on a FORK and the other hand is holding a bowl of salad and she's eating it while driving down the road! There also is a passenger in the 2-seater car. I would have said, "Pull over and let me out!" if I'd been riding with her! Can you say it with me..."Things NOT to do while driving!!!" It should be in a David Letterman's Top Ten List! My 12 year old son couldn't believe it either! He has more sense than the woman driving the BMW. I tried to get a picture of her with my phone, but couldn't. It would have made a great youtube video, that's for sure! I hope she didn't hurt someone before she finished that salad! Please tell me, dear blogging friends, that you know this isn't safe! Hands-free driving? I don't think BMW's come with auto-pilot, do they?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have always liked that bee pattern from Cross Stitch & Country Crafts and still have the original magazine (my college roommate and I were both stitchers). I was thinking about that pattern the other day and that I might like to work on in in 2010. I will keep checking for your progress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...