Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2007

We have Too much stuff!

I've been cleaning out closets and it is amazing what can accumulate over 16 years in one house! A yellow and green polka dot purse, a gold fake leather purse (eww!) and red felt hat with a feather are just a few of the items that have got to go. We are having a yard sale next weekend, so we are still rummaging through the clutter. "One man's junk is another man's treasure"....right? I hope so, because we definitely have a lot of junk to sell and donate! I think it would be way more productive to have an unbiased person go through the stuff with me. I know I'd probably get rid of even more. I am learning (and it's about time), that we all actually need very little stuff. I haven't put aside one item for the sale that I've regretted. The deeper I go into the clutter abyss, the more I want to let go of the stuff that isn't useful or has a sad or negative memory attached to it.

Today, in observance of Memorial Day, DS/10 participated, with his scout troop, in a parade and placing flags on 47,000 soldiers' graves at National Cemetery. He's 2nd from the left in the back row.
He did this last year, but it takes on a whole new meaning this year, since his brother is in the army now.

2 comments:

Dawn T. said...

What an honor for him! He looks so handsome:)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

He's a cutie :) What a glorious thing he's learning from remembering the fallen soilders and the ones that work hard every day to maintain our freedoms.

I hear you about decluttering...I had to do it last year when we moved...If I could just get my husband "on board" I'd be in business! He continues to horde BOXES of 1980's music tapes that probably don't even work any more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...