Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

New Job!!!!

I have started my new job and I love it so far. It's contract labor, which is what I've done since I left a full-time job (executive assistant to VP). I am using a micro-cassette transcriber to transcribe tapes, scanning photos and maps, etc., and other "clerical" tasks. The great thing is that I do all this from home!!! It took quite a while to find this type of independent contracting work, but the hunt has finally ended. This has the potential to turn into full-time hours, which is also a plus.

How many of you know someone who uses a Dictaphone or other micro-cassette transcriber? I'm just curious because I love using one, but apparently there are newer ways to transcribe (like digitally or by speech recognition software). Let me know if you do this kind of work or use another method.

I am still in the process of rearranging my sewing studio/office, but I will find time to catch up on some stitching very soon. I need to stitch to relax and give my mind (and ears) a rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My bosses still dictate to micro cassette. Or else they stand over me and talk. I know voice rec is supposed to have made HUGE advances since I last tried it out, but I had such a terrible experience I'll never give it another chance. Fortunately my bosses are sufficiently technophobic that I don't have to worry about losing that part of my job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...