Pages

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Baby Shower for My Daughter

Today I hosted a baby shower (my first ever) for my daughter. I used some of the items I had kept of my daughter's when she was born. I had saved some of her dresses and a couple of crocheted items my mother had made, so I used those for decorating. Here are some of the photos.


I used pink fabric (from my fabric stash) underneath a Battenberg lace tablecloth I already owned. I found the doll and teddy bear for the centerpiece at T. J. Maxx. The Petit Fours were made by Brown Baguette. They were delicious!



Menu:


Petit Fours
Brownie Bites
Fruit & Dip
Spinach Dip & Hawaiian Bread
Chicken Salad on Croissants
Beef Ball with Crackers
Broccoli Bacon Salad
Punch
Tea/Coffee/Diet Coke
The baby will be named Presley Ruth and I just happened to have the letters to spell her name. The punch table was covered in a white floor-length tablecoth with a "bed canopy" draped over it. The canopy was $10 at Tuesday Morning. I bunched the top half under the punch bowl. It worked great!



I used some of my daughter's own baby dresses for decorating. I displayed some of my son-in-law's and my daughter's baby pics around, also.





My mother had made me the crocheted bag and vest for my daughter when she was born 27 years ago. The bag has a heart pocket and a patch that says "Angel". I used it on her crib for small toys, etc., but it can be used several ways. The afghans were also treasures I had kept of my daughter's. I am sooo glad I held onto them.




We had so much fun! She got lots of precious gifts, too. Here's the whole bunch and my daughter with my sister-in-law (who loaned me the glass plates, etc.) It was great just to see the ladies in our family since we don't get many opportunities to get together.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...