Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Best Stand For Q-Snaps?

I've had my needlework stand, the original Gazelle by Artisan Design, for about 20 years. My frame holder will not hold Q-snap frames. I've tried a few tips, such as using the rubber jar openers as a barrier in between the frame and the Q-snaps, but it still slides around. I called the manufacturer and inquired about a Q-snap adapter (like the one for the Gazelle 2). They told me I should be able to use the frame holder that came with the stand, but I would just need to turn it a certain way. I tried it, but the Q-snap frame still loosens up after a short time, even if I can get it snug at first. I'm a "flipper"...I flip my stitching over to the back side a lot when I'm cross-stitching so I need a stand that will accommodate that without having to re-insert the Q-snap frame repeatedly.

I've created a poll to get feedback on the most popular needlework stands. Please vote (top/right sidebar) for your favorite!! I would like to know what stand you prefer and why. Can you use Q-snap frames with your stand? Give me your thoughts. I love comments! (I don't have any stitching buddies locally, so I'm depending on my blogger friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I have used a Lowery Stand in the past, but heard very good things about the Needlework System 4 so gave it a try and wouldn't be without it now. I have the scroll bar clamp and the q-snap clamp, they work great for flippers lol

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Q-Snap continues to be the most popular..I prefer the Q-Snap frames. With this stand..I can remove one of the Q-Snap holders on the side, fit it in the holder..
plastic fabricators

Ginger said...

Needlework system four best for me. Q snaps or scroll bars.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...