Pages

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year with a Strawberry on Top!

The holidays flew by without a single blog post. No looking back though. 2011 is here...so...Happy New Year with a strawberry on top!



I found the tutorial for these sweet felt strawberries here. I think they may look more realistic with a different shade of green felt, but I used what I had on hand. The tutorial is great and easy to follow. Once the red pieces were cut, I just ran them threw the machine and cut them apart later.

Of course, they would also make wonderful clown noses at this point...just saying....



The rest of the sewing was by hand and the "seeds" took the longest to sew. I finished that part while watching TV. If I sew any more, I think I will enlarge the pattern a little just to have more than one size and maybe use fabric instead of felt. Moda Bake Shop has a different tutorial for a larger strawberry sewn in the fabric they offer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...